Sunday, May 18, 2008

Last Night of the First Year

Tonight is my last night as a first year graduate student. When (as I am speaking optimistically here) I finish my paper- I will be done! As Jan might yell "Victory!" Tonight was also my last night of work until I get back from PA. I am so excited to have three full weeks of sheer nothingness; it will be complete bliss. I will be able to sit down and relax and not have to have nearly every hour of my life planned out each day. 
This has been a great year at CGU. I have faced many difficulties and have somehow been able to survive them. I have made truly amazing friends. My memories of my first year of grad school will always be mingled with my friends. There have been many late night text messages, Denny's study parties, library camp outs, crying phone calls and occasionally an injured biker. All to say, this year has been so much fun and I couldn't have done it without you guys! See everyone when I get back!

5 comments:

Sharone, Uncloned said...

I'm going to miss you!! But I'm excited for your chance to get away - you have earned it! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself now that school is done with for a little while...I guess try to remember what a normal life is like...you may not recognize me when you get back! I might be a real person again :o)

Sharone, Uncloned said...

P.S. I definitely won't be as pale as I am right now :o)

Karen Beth said...

I hope you have a great break. Congratulations for meeting your goals and getting everything done! You're a great friend, and I'm blessed to have met a friend like you here. First years are exciting and scary.

Veronica said...

when's your next post coming, lady?

Sharone, Uncloned said...

I'm with Veronica. Get with the program! ;)